So I hated life, for the work which had been done under the sun was grievous to me; because everything is futility and striving after wind.
I don’t know why it still amazes me, but everytime God’s word reaches out to me exactly where I am, it is awesome. I am so thankful for it. This verse addressed a current dilemma in my life.
I am in a rut. It’s not really a good rut either. I seem to repeat the same activities day after day, just in an attempt to keep up. Now my rut is not one of get up, go to work, come home and watch tv then go to bed kinda rut. It’s a much more modern day kinda rut. Here is how my day goes:
- Get up, get coffee
- Check email, etc., try and plan my day (which is a pain)
- Hit the road and start running around to 6 different places
- Come home tired
- Check email, etc.
- Work some more
- Have dinner (or forget to because I am working)
- Try and have some family time (which is hard becuase my wife works retail hours)
- Do some more work, check email, etc. again
- Go to bed and try and read a bit to get my mind off of work
Seems like everything revolves around work. I don’t like that. Work is what I do, not who I am, so how did I get myself into this rut? I think it is expectations. I have let people expect too much of me, and in my quest to make everyone happy, I am failing everyone, espcially myself. I have simply taken on more than I should have, and now have a modern day “I am too busy” rut to deal with. This kinda rut causes a ton of stress! Maybe I need to go live in the wilderness for a while …
So how do I get out of it? I guess I need to take stock, choose the BEST, eliminate some fo the GOOD, and get rid of the BAD.
I’ll let you know how it goes ….